Abingdon-Avon High School Volleyball Guidelines
Abingdon-Avon High School is excited to once again provide athletic opportunities for our students. While this exciting opportunity has been a long time coming, it comes with specific Illinois Department of Public Health and Illinois High School Association mandatory requirements. These requirements include, but are not limited to: Mandatory masks for all athletes and spectators, up to 50 spectators, seating for spectators must include a buffer of thirty feet between the spectators and the playing surface, social distancing, and contact tracing protocols. These requirements are subject to change from IDPH and IHSA and the district will pivot accordingly. Game day operations are detailed below. As we begin this Return-to-Play initiative, we are focusing the importance of safety and play on our athletes and programs.
Game Day Operations:
- Masks must be worn over mouth and nose at all times, by everyone. (Including during practices and games).
- Due to IDPH Guidelines and gym capacity, only immediate family of athletes will be allowed into the gym for contests. Details have been shared with the Athletes
- All home games will be live streamed and available at no cost to the general public. Streaming information will be shared on game day.
- Each volleyball player grades 9-11 will be limited to two fans each. Senior volleyball players will be allowed four fans each. These fans must be from the athlete’s pre-approved spectator list of six names. These names must be immediate family (Mom, Dad, Step-Mom, Step-Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Brother, Sister) EX: A student athlete may select to list Mom, Dad, Sister, Grandma Judy, and Grandma and Grandpa Smith on her pre-approved spectator list. Only two of the names listed may attend any single game. Any changes to the list must be made through the High School office 24 hours prior to a game. A spectator request has been provided to athletes as of 3/15/21.
- Parents of both the J.V. and Varsity players will be allowed into the school a half-hour before the first game and may stay for both contests. J.V. athletes may stay or go at the discretion of the coach following the J.V. game.
- There will be no concessions available.
- No visiting spectators will be allowed to enter. As of this informative letter - there are no schools in the conference or region allowing visiting team spectators.
- Road game streaming information will be available on game days.
- The “bench” area will consist of chairs or marked spots on the bleachers, 6 feet apart. Each player should use the same chair throughout the game. Chairs will be wiped down between contests. Each athlete and coach will be given 2 water bottles for each game with more available if needed
- Players should come dressed in their game uniform except for shoes. Locker rooms will not be used.
- Volleyball Senior Night will be 3/25/21. More information to follow.
- For away games, the A-Town players will be assigned single seats on the bus.